This is for you Eileen.
Source: Chai, K. (2005), A Touch of Classic Baking
Malaysia: Famous Cuisine.
200g cornflakes (crushed)
70g haw flakes (grounded)
120g butter (Melted)
Combine all ingredients together and press firmly into a 9" (23cm)springform cake tin.
500g cream cheese (room temperature)
100g caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
3 tbsp cornflour
1) Mix milk, essence and cornstarch together till smooth and without lumps.
2) Beat cream cheese with sugar till soft and smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3) Add in milk mixture and mix well.
4) Pour mixture over the cornflakes base and bake at 160 degreeC for about 50 minutes.
5) Regrigerate the cooled cake overnight
100g haw flakes (grounded)
400ml cranberry juice
30g instant jelly
1) Mix all ingredients together and boil till everything is dissolved.
2) Cool slightly and pour on top of the cake. Don't wait too long for the topping to cool as the jelly sets real fast.
3) Chill cake before unmoulding.
4) Decorate with whipped cream and additional haw flakes.