For Amrita, Jennifer and Anonymous:
STRAWBERRY YOGHURT MARSHMALLOW CHEESECAKE
200g digestive biscuits - crushed
80g melted butter
Mix biscuit crumbs with the melted butter and press into an 8" springform or cake ring. Refrigerate 20-25 minutes to set the base.
250g cream cheese - room temperature
160g strawberry yoghurt
30ml lemon juice
160ml whippping cream
30gm plain marshmallows (abour 4-5 big ones)
8gm gelatin powder
3-4 strawberries, diced and absorbed extra moisture on a paper napkin
3 big marshmallow, cut into dice (use kitchen scissors dipped in cornflour to cut)
1) Doubleboil or microwave creamcheese and marshmallow till softened. Mix in the sugar and stir till dissolved
2) Bloom gelatin powder in the water and microwave or doubleboil till gelatine is dissolved. (Do not overheat as heat kills the gelling action)
3) Whip the whipping cream till soft peak.
4) Add yoghurt & lemon juice into the creamcheese and blend into whipped cream.
5) Add in the gelatin mixture and stir well.
6) Lastly stir in the diced strawberries and marshmallows.
7) Pour mixture over prepared base and chill overnight till set.
400ml cranberry juice
1-2 tbsp sugar*
1) Microwave or doubleboil till gelatin and sugar are dissolved. Cool slightly.
2) Slice strawberries and lay them on paper napkins to absorb any excess moisture.
3) Lay the strawberries over the set cheesecake and gently spoon just enough jelly over the strawberries.
4) Chill the cheesecake for about 30 minutes to set the layer of jelly.
5) Spoon remaining jelly over the cake and let set completely before serving.
*Depending on how sweet or sour the cranberry juice is, you can adjust the amount of sugar to your taste.