Friday, November 17, 2006
Steamed Cheese Cupcake/Muffins
Cupcakes? Muffins? Whatever! Mei was asking around for a Steamed Cheese Muffin recipe. I wasn't sure if this is quite what she wants!
I have had this recipe scribbled in my notebook for the longest time and I really cannot remember the source. I had to try it first before posting to ensure that it works. So last night I attempted it for the very first time.
Steamed Cheese Cupcakes
4 slices cheddar cheese spread
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Microwave or doubleboil the above ingredients till all the cheeses are melted and leave aside to cool.
200gm cake flour
4 tsp baking powder
75 - 80gm sugar
1/2 tsp ovalette
1) Sift the baking powder with the cake flour.
2) Whisk the egg and ovalette slowly (to disperse the ovalette, otherwise you will have yellow specks in your cakes).
3) Add the sugar and whisk till frothy
4) Drizzle in the cooled creamed cheese mixture whisking all the while.
5) Fold in the flour.
6) Pour into cupcake/muffin cases and steam over high heat for approx 13 minutes.
The cupcakes are supposed to have a nice round dome and not split open like the traditional huat kueh