Saturday, June 02, 2007
Chee Cheong Fun - Recipe
This is for Anonymous who requested for the recipe:
(Recipe reproduced with the kind permission of CWL in the USA):
CHEE CHEONG FUN
150g Rice Flour
1-1/2 Tbsp Wheat starch flour (Tang Mien)
2 Tbsp Cornflour
1 Tbsp Oil
2 cups Water
1/2 tsp Salt
1. Sift dry ingredients together.
2. Slowly add the water, mixing as you add. Strain to remove lumps.
3. Lastly add the oil and salt and mix thoroughly. Set batter aside for at least an hour.
4. Prepare your steamer and place an oiled stainless steel plate inside.
5. When water is boiling, ladle and spread batter onto the plate. Steam for about 4-5 mins.
6. Roll it tightly. Place rice rolls on a plate and brush with a little oil. Continue with the rest of the batter.
Sweet Sauce (Thim Jeong):
1/2 cup water
7 Tbsp Hoisin sauce
3 Tbsp soya sauce
3 Teaspoon black soya sauce
Mix all ingredients together and cook over medium flame until slightly thick.
Toasted sesame seeds.