Saturday, November 25, 2006

On Roller Coaster For Two Weeks

Phew! I finally made it through the last two weeks! Life had been realy hectic for me the last couple of weeks. I (we) are preparing for the big office move which will happen on 1 December. There is the packing of files, shredding of old documents, arrangements for communication lines to be relocated etc etc, I can go on and on. It is physically draining for my colleague and myself having to juggle between routine work and the packing part. We still have a little bit more to be packed before the move and I just cannot wait to get it over and done with, and for life to return to normalcy.

This is the reason why I did not update my blog as often as I would like to as I would reach home dead tired. I still managed to squeeze in a little baking here and there though and here are some of the stuffs:

Belgian Chocolate Cake, this is a premix which I bought from a bakery supply shop in JB. I had only to add eggs and butter to the mix. Very rich, dark and moist. Would have been perfect with a scoop of ice cream.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sugar Rolls ala Polar Cafe, fluffy sponge with a hint of vanilla.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Grilled Portobello Mushrooms, my superquick dinner coming home famished from work one evening. I did not remove the stalk as I love the contrast of texture between the soft spongy cap and the slightly thick, chewy stalk. I topped the mushrooms with minced garlics, grated spicy gouda cheese, parmesan cheese, a shake of McCormicks Spicy Montreal Steak Seasoning and then drizzle them with olive oil. MamaMia! Give me more!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Finally, had to retry the Xiao Long Bao again after Mefee's unsuccessful attempt. I had the same problem as her when I first made them. This time around, I used 85gm of water for the skin and the dough was much easier to handle.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I also made a small batch of cupcakes for my nieces. They were iced simply with chocolate fudge and topped with almond slivers and assorted sugar toppers. I had entirely forgotten to take photos of the cupcakes. A sign of dementia? Shucks!

No comments: